Search Job Openings
Lead Operator Water/Wastewater
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE THEN SEARCH BY JOB CATEGORY OR LOCATION
QUESTIONS? Contact Jennifer Frankum at email@example.com
Are you a licensed water operator with supervisory experience that is looking to take your career to the next level? Are you looking for the opportunity to use your knowledge and experience to lead your team to success? Do you want to work for a company that will recognize and reward your drive to go above and beyond expectations? As a Lead Water/Wastewater Operator with ESG Operations, you would be able to use your skills and be rewarded for your successes.
ESG Operations is currently seeking a Lead Water/Wastewater Operator in Douglas, GA. You will need to have hands-on maintenance experience, strong attention to detail, experience with data collection, and experience in a lab environment. We are looking for you to have meaningful work experience in a Water Treatment Facility with a valid Georgia Water Operator License.
Together we will drive your career to the next level through teamwork and next-level service.
As a Lead Water/Wastewater Operator with ESG Operations, you will:
- Assist in the review of operational data with supervisory staff and direct a crew of operators
- Operate water pumping mechanisms to regulate flow and pressure of water during assigned shifts to include:
- Operate pumps, valves, turbines, and electric motors to transfer, distribute and regulate pressure flow of raw and processed water
- Monitor panel boards and adjusts controls to regulate flow and distribution of water
- Clean systems by backwashing at designated intervals
- Record reservoir water elevation, power consumption, and equipment utilization data at designated intervals
- Conduct water treatment activities to include:
- Add appropriate amounts of chemicals to raw water to disinfect, deodorize, and clarify water at regular intervals
- Regulate flow of pre-treated water through sedimentation and filter devices
- Add appropriate amounts of chemicals into water for post-treatment and operates agitators.
- Record chemical composition of raw and treated water at designated intervals
- Conduct laboratory analysis of raw and treated water to determine and correct imbalances
- Draw samples of raw and treated water at regular intervals for testing
- Conduct pH, chlorine residual, fluoride residual, turbidity, total coliform, hardness, and alkalinity laboratory tests
- Add appropriate chemicals to treated water to correct chemical imbalances
- Maintain, cleans, and stocks materials on trucks and equipment. Housekeeping duties include: Cutting grass, cleaning tanks, sweeping & mopping floors, cleaning equipment, and various other duties to maintain the aesthetic appearance of the facility
- Document readings, test results, equipment adjustments and enter data into a computer database and on paper for record maintenance and to produce periodic and special reports
- You will need to be familiar with process control and pertinent lab procedures
- A valid Class 1 Water Operator license or ability to receive within 6 months of employment, any level Wastewater Operator license preferred
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license
- Lab sampling experience preferred
- Strong detailed work style
- Ability to work on-call schedule and respond to emergencies within 1 hour
Why work for ESG? ESG Operations, an Inframark Company, provides full service operation, maintenance, management and consulting services to governmental and private sector entities. ESG is dedicated to providing innovative, state-of-the-art, environmentally-sound solutions for our clients’ unique needs. We provide every employee with cutting-edge tools, training and technology which has resulted in ESG’s recognition as a leader in the utility operations and public works management industry. Learn more about us at www.esginc.net.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous benefits package with health, dental and life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off, sick leave, holidays, and wellness plan.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.