Search Job Openings
Public Works Manager in Training
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE THEN SEARCH BY JOB CATEGORY OR LOCATION
QUESTIONS? Contact Jennifer Frankum at email@example.com
ESG Operations is currently seeking a Public Works Manager in Training to join our team in Douglas, GA. Under the general guidance of the Project Manager, the ideal candidate will assist with operations and management of the municipal services delivery including water and wastewater management compliance as well as public works administration. You will train to become well versed in company processes and methodologies with the goal being development into a standalone Project Manager position within the company.
As a leader with the ESG Operations team, you will:
- Contribute to development of new plans, programs, and operations to attain higher quality levels of service and/or cost saving over present conditions
- Assist in planning major capital improvement needs and corresponding revenue sources to meet expected long-range growth
- Stay abreast of technical and operational changes in the water and wastewater treatment industry
- Attend meetings along with the Project Manager, and with other City/County department leaders, Water and Sewer Authority, State and Regional officials and the public to justify, defend, negotiate, or settle matters involving significant or controversial issues with individuals or groups
- Assists in overseeing street, sidewalk, and stormwater collection system maintenance and construction
- Assists in overseeing right of way maintenance with various mowing equipment ensuring standards are met and schedules are adhered to
- Oversee and perform public relations and customer service, responding to citizens and outside agencies regarding matters relating to the project
- Define the functions and objectives of water and wastewater treatment plants
- Inspect program and project to ensure that the activities are being expeditiously and effectively accomplished and are properly utilizing personnel, equipment, and materials
- General Project administrative responsibilities include:
- Direction and coordination of subordinate supervisory staff
- Assigning and scheduling work
- Reviewing work for accuracy and clarity
- Training, instructing, coaching, and mentoring personnel in work methods
- Performing routine performance evaluations
- Using knowledge to offer recommendations for improved work performance to include performance improvement plan, disciplinary plans, etc.
- Working with internal resources to understand and resolve complaints and concerns
- Assisting in the process of interviewing candidates for vacant positions
- Bachelor’s Degree with major in Engineering, Science, Business or Public Administration and five years of progressively responsible experience in one of our business lines. Any combination of education, experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered.
- Must be willing to relocate. This role is a company orientation position with the aim of a transfer/promotion to another location within 12-24 months.
- Must have a valid GA driver’s license and meet minimum driving standards.
Why work for ESG? ESG Operations, an Inframark Company, provides full service operation, maintenance, management and consulting services to governmental and private sector entities. ESG is dedicated to providing innovative, state-of-the-art, environmentally-sound solutions for our clients’ unique needs. We provide every employee with cutting-edge tools, training and technology which has resulted in ESG’s recognition as a leader in the utility operations and public works management industry. Learn more about us at www.esginc.net and www.inframark.com.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous benefits package with health, dental and life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off, sick leave, holidays, and wellness plan.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.